I feel that it is very important that you make informed decisions about your emotional health care. This information is being provided for you to assist you in making this choice for yourself, however, please check with your individual insurance policy to verify accuracy. I will provide a super bill for those who have out of network coverages on their plans.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding if you want to use your insurance coverage for services:
- Insurance companies only cover services that are “medically necessary”. Therefore, a mental health diagnosis is required and there must be documentation on how this is “affecting your ability to function in everyday life”. This can become problematic as not all emotional issues are diagnosable disorders. If you have concerns in this regard please ask me or my office manager what this means for you.
- In rare cases insurance companies can require communication and documentation on your treatment plan and progress in order to cover your services. Be aware that if this documentation is requested I would have no choice but to supply it if you wish to have the visits covered under your insurance.
- Many specialized services are not covered by insurance companies (these include RRT, BAUD, and Hypnotherapy). Therefore, it can limit the types of services that you are able to obtain in a session. I do offer the option to use your insurance for those services it covers and for other visits you can choose to self-pay if the treatment plan you elect to have includes non-covered services or modalities.
- Insurance companies can limit the number of sessions that your are able to have and that they are willing to cover. We can find out if you have limited visits under your plan when your benefits are checked.
- Using your insurance can also limit your choice in providers. If a provider is not “in network” or on the insurance panel, services may not be covered. If I am a participating provider for your plan and the service is covered my office will file claims for you, but if I am not in your network you would need to submit a special receipt we would give to you to your insurance company yourself to get credit for out-of-network benefits if you want to pursue them.
This is provided as information for you to make the best possible choice for yourself and your care. Please contact your insurance company for information on how your plan operates. I am also happy to discuss any of these issues with you on an individual basis to assist you in making the best choice for yourself.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. I also can accept Health Savings Account Cards.
You will be charged the full session price if you do not cancel within 24 hours of your appointment.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!